Sunday, March 27, 2011

My challenges

Ashleigh Seipel
Laura Cline
English 102-Online
22 March 2011
Challenges
In every class, I seem to face many different challenges just as any other student may do the same. Last semester in English 101, I received an A in the class for the hard work I put into the class and completing all my papers, assignments, and tests. We didn’t do too much reading like we do in English 102. I know I am a good writer, especially when I am focused on a subject I am interested in. The biggest challenges I have faced so far this semester in English 102 would be doing the assigned readings for the class. Even though I consider myself a good writer, I still do not enjoy reading for the most part unless I find a book I am greatly interested in. Doing the analysis for the reading can sometimes be a hassle as well. No matter how hard of an assignment or a paper can be I will always find a way to complete it with my best efforts. The literary analysis can be challenging compared to any other writing project in most English classes. Even though it seems like a simple task, I do struggle with it at times. Even if it’s a hard analysis, I will do my best to complete it for a good grade, whether it’s asking for help or re-reading any chapters of the book as needed.
My goals for the second half of the semester would consist of doing a better and more detailed job when writing my literary analysis and work on staying caught up with my readings. I always finish my assignments but sometimes it’s hard for me to stay caught up and not get behind with my online classes. In my opinion, it’s easy to physically go to class, complete all of your assignments, and take tests, etc. rather than having an online class where you aren’t forced to do it at a set time of day. I usually do my online classes when we have to go to study tables for softball that way my mind is set on doing homework in the library so I can block out any distractions. I want to be able to give myself more time to complete papers especially. I procrastinate my writing way too much and I need to set aside more time for planning out my outlines, rough drafts, revising, and finishing it to perfection.
I want to be able to accomplish the grades I want to have, an A. I got an A in English 101 last semester, so that is what I would like to get this semester in English 102 as well. As of right now I have an 85%, so I am inches from getting it up to the grade I would be satisfied with. My grades were also average in high school, but now in college I strive for excellence with everything I do. I want to get at least B’s in my classes, but having A’s would be even greater. I know I can complete the challenge, I just need to keep putting my full effort in all of the assignments that come my way and I will be able to reach the grade that would content me.

No comments:

Post a Comment